How to correctly collect and preserve specimen collection swab?
1. Preparation: specimen collection swab and paper evidence packaging bag. Wear: disposable sterile gloves and sterile non-woven mask. Fill in the material evidence bag information form, mark the sample sampling date, and take two to three clean toilet papers and put them on the desktop.
2. Sampling: give the identified person a cup of clear water (for gargling) and ask him to gargle simply to remove the residual food residues in the mouth (if the identified person is an infant, ask his guardian to feed a small amount of boiled water first), and then ask the identified person to open his mouth naturally, Use a disposable specimen collection swab to gently press and rotate the oral swab on its tongue surface or oral buccal mucosa (both cheeks in the mouth) for 3-5 turns. In the same way, take 2-3 swabs and dry them naturally in the shade on a clean paper towel (Estimated about 2 hours)
3. After verification with the appraiser, put the specimen collection swab just taken into the paper evidence package filled with the corresponding appraiser's information. The following points should be noted when collecting oral swab samples:
(1) Avoid touching the specimen collection swab head with your hands. Rinse your mouth with clean water before collection.
(2) The samples collected by the above method can be stored in a dry environment for 2-3 months.
(3) The oral swab shall be dried in the shade and put into a paper envelope to avoid mildew of the oral swab and affect the detection. Oral swabs of different people need to be stored separately and marked with identity.
4. It is better not to eat, smoke or chew chewing gum or betel nut before sampling
Changzhou Medical General Factory specializes in the production of sterile specimen collection swab, flocking cotton swabs (flocking swabs or flocking rods), pharyngeal swabs, microbial sampling rods, DNA oral swabs, disinfection sponge cotton swabs, CHG chlorhexidine applicators, saliva collectors or saliva collection devices, cell preservation solutions. The application fields of products include medical DNA sampling, oral sampling, virus testing, nasopharyngeal sampling Virus and bacteria sampling, laboratory sampling, gene sampling, gynecological cervical sampling and other disposable nylon flocking specimen collection swab.